PestXpert Pro Hose-On Tick and Flea Control Outdoor Spray
Ticks and fleas are among the toughest pests to control and for pet owners especially, they can be a real concern.
Whether a pet owner or not, the idea of a tick bite is not pleasant and the possibility of a bite from a paralysis tick can be very worrying.
And getting on top of a flea treatment is impossible unless the outdoor areas are treated as well as the indoor areas.
PestXpert Pro Hose-On Tick and Flea is an easy way to eliminate ticks and fleas from your yard.
How to use PestXpert Hose-On with Ticks…
Pets can get some protection from veterinary tick treatments but the best policy is to not get bitten in the first place. Clearly it’s impossible to guarantee avoiding ticks whilst out bush walking, but it makes sense to try and make your backyard a tick free haven. With PestXpert Pro Hose-On Tick Spray, you now have the tool to eliminate ticks from your lawn and garden.
PestXpert Pro Hose-On Tick Spray is designed to kill any ticks present – it’s not designed as a residual spray. Due to the behaviour and life-cycle of ticks a residual spray is not particularly effective. Therefore if you are in a tick prone area, checking your yard for ticks and re-spraying is important to keep your yard tick free.
Ticks, especially the younger stages live down at ground level in the leaf litter. Getting the product down into these areas is key to a successful treatment. In addition to preparing the treatment area correctly (see below), the hose-on delivery system ensures you can achieve complete coverage of the effected area and get the treatment to where the ticks are hiding.
With the treatment eliminating ticks within 24 hours, your yard should be tick free for you and your pets to enjoy the following day.
How to use PestXpert Hose-On with Fleas…
To get on top of a flea infestation, the treatment needs to be very thorough covering both indoor and outdoor areas, especially all the areas your pet likes to rest.
Outdoor areas are often forgotten about when dealing with a flea problem, but this is the flea’s natural environment. The flea larvae especially like to live in sandy soil in the shade with a bit of moisture – just the places pets like to rest.
PestXpert Pro Hose-On makes it easy to treat these outdoor areas to ensure a complete flea treatment and eradication of the problem.
Learn more about the steps you need to take to carry out a complete flea treatment just like the professionals.
- The professional formulation is designed to give fast control of ticks and fleas
- Water based formulation is gentle on grass and plants
- Ready-to-use: Just connect to hose and the formulation will be delivered at the correct dose
- Ready-to-use with Pro-Hose on Connector
- Hose on connector automatically calibrated to deliver correct dose
- No spill, no mess connection and application
- Refills available
HOW TO USE PESTXPERT PRO HOSE-ON TICK AND FLEA SPRAY
Follow our ten step process to ensure an effective tick or flea treatment:
- Keep grass short and cut back vegetation in areas used by humans and pets.
- Measure the area for treatment (lawn, backyard, etc.) before application. Aim to use 500ml of product for 360m2 of treatment area. Use the following calculation to work out how many ml of product you should use:
(Treatment area ÷ 360) x 500 = amount of product to use in ml
- Shake the product well
- Connect hose to hose-on applicator (a standard click-on hose connector is needed). Make sure the switch is in the OFF position.
- Turn on the water tap using moderate to high water pressure.
- Once the water is flowing, turn the switch to MIX to start application. (The concentrate mixes automatically with the water in the proper ratio).
- Extend the hose to the outermost area to be treated and work towards the tap to avoid walking over treated areas. Walk and spray the area in sweeping motion, overlapping treatment areas slightly.
- Keep the bottle upright; do not point at the ground.
- Ensure good coverage and that you have applied the correct dose (see Step 2 )
- When finish spraying turn the switch to OFF and turn off water. Store product upright
When to apply?
Apply at the first sign of tick infestation and before tick populations build up to concerning levels. Ensure thorough coverage of infested area. For delicate plants such as ferns, test a small area of the plant first with only a very light spray.
This treatment is intended to control ticks which are present at the time of application. Repeat application if there is a high tick activity.
In domestic situations where pets are present, it is recommended that animals are treated with an appropriately registered ectoparasiticide.
Apply as part of a complete flea treatment in response to a flea infestation.
This will involved treating internal areas with other products such as PestXpert Pro-Fogger and PestXpert Pro-Spray Indoor and Outdoor and using a suitable veterinary product on your pets.
Learn more about how to carry out a complete flea treatment.
The PestXpert range has been specifically designed for use around homes, where there will be children and pets present. When used in accordance with the label, the products can be applied safely with minimal impact on the environment (see point 5 below). In fact, the professional quality packaging allows the products to be applied more safely than standard consumer products, as they can be applied more accurately with less chance of accidental contact.
Nevertheless, safety should always be the number one priority and so before carrying out any pesticide treatment follow the following key steps
- Read the label. Make sure you understand application instructions and safety information.
- Prepare the treatment area. Cut grass and cut back vegetation
- Keep pets and children clear during application and until after the treatment has dried
- Extend the hose to the outermost area to be treated and work towards the tap to avoid walking over treated areas
- Do not spray when temperatures are 30oC or higher, during windy conditions or if rain is expected within 24 hours
- Do not apply when the soil is dry and plants or lawn are suffering from moisture stress
From an environmental point of view it is also important to be aware of the following
- Do not spray if bees are feeding on flowering plants – it will kill bees (it is an insecticide).
- Do not allow chemical container or spray to get into drains, sewers, streams or ponds
- Cover ponds or water features containing fish before using. Dangerous to fish
- Do not apply to plants, fruit trees, vegetables or parts of plants that are to be eaten
If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 13 11 26; New Zealand 0800 764 766
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Additional information is listed in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Also available from Sumitomo Chemical Australia Pty Ltd.