PestXpert Total Moth Control
PestXpert Total Moth Control is a unique product that provides protection from both pantry moths and clothes moths for up to 3 months.
Current products on the market only provide protection from either pantry moths or clothes moths but not both… and of course some products like the traditional moth balls have a strong smell.
PestXpert Total Moth Control uses patented ActivAir technology – an odourless active ingredient that is released from the cartridge at room temperature killing any adult moths present, providing protection for up to 3 months.
Simply hang the Total Moth Control cartridge in the wardrobe or place on the shelf in the pantry and the ActivAir will go to work protecting your clothes and food.
PESTXPERT TOTAL MOTH CONTROL
- BEFORE PLACING THE TOTAL MOTH CONTROL CARTRIDGE, IT’S IMPORTANT TO INSPECT YOUR CLOTHES OR FOOD FOR EVIDENCE OF MOTH LARVAE AND THROW OUT INFESTED FOOD AND EITHER TREAT OR DISPOSE OF ANY INFESTED CLOTHES
- USE MORE THAN ONE CARTRIDGE IN LARGE WARDROBES / CUPBOARDS
- SCAN THE QR CODE ON THE PROTECTIVE WRAP CONTAINING THE CARTRIDGE OR GO TO THE REGISTRATION PAGE TO GET A FREE REMINDER WHEN IT’S TIME TO REPLACE THE CARTRIDGE
- Patented ActivAir technology releases an odourless active ingredient that kills adult moths
- Effective on both pantry moths and clothes moths
- Continuous action for up to 3 months protection
Cartridge design allows effective release of ActivAir but prevents contact with food, clothes and hands
Cartridge designed to stand on or shelf or hang in a wardrobe.
HOW TO USE PESTXPERT TOTAL MOTH CONTROL
PestXpert Total Moth Control kills all moths that attack clothes and spoil food. However, before placement of the Total Moth Control cartridge it is important to inspect all food and clothes to check for moth larvae and dispose of with any infested food and wash any infested clothes.
INDIAN MEAL MOTH, A COMMON PANTRY MOTH
WEBBING CLOTHES MOTH
Pantry moths don’t actually eat food, it’s their larvae (or maggots) that hatch from moth eggs that do all the damage. Therefore to prevent a pantry moth problem you need to kill the adult moths and prevent them from laying eggs.
If you spot pantry moths flying around your kitchen, it means there must be an infested food source somewhere.
- Check all dried food, nuts, flour, powders, pet food, etc for larvae, even unopened containers.
- You are looking for larvae (maggots). Sometimes they can be difficult to spot but look for tunnels in the flour or “webbing” over areas of the food.
- All infested food needs to be thrown out.
- Place any infested food in a plastic bag and seal before disposing.
Once the pantry is clear of infested food, place a PestXpert Total Moth Control cartridge toward the front of a shelf in the middle of the cupboard or pantry.
In large cupboards or pantries place two cartridges, one on an upper shelf and one on a lower shelf. Place the cartridge in a location where it will get airflow (ie. don’t place in the back corner of the cupboard hidden by containers).
For ongoing protection, replace every 3 months. Sign up for the automated reminder by scanning the QR code on the packaging.
Clothes moths don’t actually damage clothes, it’s the clothes moth larvae (or caterpillars) that hatch from the moth eggs that do all the damage. Therefore, to prevent an clothes moth problem you need to kill the adult moths and prevent them from laying eggs.
Clothes moths are not strong flyers and will only often become visible if you move clothes. If you spot moths flying around your bedrooms or see holes in your clothes, it could mean you have a clothes moth infestation.
To check for clothes moths:
- Take all clothes out of cupboards and drawers and inspect individually
- You are looking for larvae (caterpillars). There are two different species
- Webbing clothes moths, which as their name suggests can be spotted by the webbing that protects the larva
- Case making clothes moths, which can be more difficult to spot as they make a protective case from silk and the fabric they are eating
- Any infested clothes (and clothes from the same drawer / wardrobe, should be placed in black plastic bag, seal and place in the sun for 2 hours to kill any larvae and egg
- Then wash any infested clothes.
Once the wardrobe is free of clothes moths, hang a PestXpert Total Moth Control cartridge in the wardrobe or place on a shelf about half-way up the wardrobe. Place in a location where you will get some airflow (ie. don’t hide the cartridge between clothes).
In large wardrobes place two cartridges, one at each end of the wardrobe.
For ongoing protection replace the cartridge every 3 months. Sign up for the automated reminder by scanning the QR code on the packaging.
If you’ve found holes in your clothes, fabrics or other materials but can’t find any clothes moths, it could also one of the other pests that attack fabrics and other materials – carpet beetles, silverfish or booklice (psocids). Check out our blog – What’s eating my clothes? – to help with your detective work.
IS PESTXPERT TOTAL MOTH CONTROL A MOTH REPELLENT?
Moth repellents are designed to exclude moths from a particular area but don’t necessarily kill them, which means they are free to infest other areas of the home.
The ActivAir in PestXpert Total Moth Control is different, it actually kills the moths, providing permanent protection for your food and clothes.
The PestXpert range has been specifically designed for use around homes, where there will be children and pets present. When used in accordance with the label, the products can be applied safely with minimal impact on the environment. In fact, the professional quality packaging allows the products to be applied more safely than standard consumer products, as they can be applied more accurately with less chance of accidental contact.
Nevertheless, safety should always be the number one priority and so before carrying out any pesticide treatment follow the following key steps
- Read the label. Make sure you understand application instructions and safety information.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Don’t touch or remove the blue mesh inside the cartridge. This ActivAir polymer mesh holds the insecticide.
- Wash hands after use.
If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 13 11 26; New Zealand 0800 764 766
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Additional information is listed in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Also available from Sumitomo Chemical Australia Pty Ltd.